Webinar / Video Archives
1. Implementing Tangible Symbols for Everyday Communication
Tangible symbols are a great way to help children who are nonverbal communicators in your classroom. This webinar answers the "what" and "how-to" of implementing tangible symbols with the children you know. Providing tangible symbols is a great way to bridge the gap between what the child knows and helping them express what they want and need.
Presenter: Anne Kuhlmeier, M.S., CCC, ATP
Speech Language Pathologist
Presentation Slides PDF and Webinar You Tube
2. Positioning and Mobility for Young Children
View the webinar to learn how to:
- Set positioning and mobility goals with your child or student,
- Evaluate and match assistive technology to their needs,
- Learn about commonly used positioning and mobility assistive technology,
- Review examples of real client stories
Presenter: Kathie LaFortune, PT, PCS, ATP
PC Version: View the PC version of the webinar here.
iPad Version: Begin by downloading the iSpring player app for iPad in the app store. Once you have installed iSpring player app, view the presentation in your iPad Safari browser.
Using ChromeBooks in the Classroom: An interactive Prezi presentation on using ChromeBooks as a tool to support education, special education, and for students who need assistive technology supports. A closed-captioned YouTube option is available as well.
Following are the links to the individual YouTube videos incorporated into the Prezi presentation: