Low Interest Financial Loans
The Idaho Assistive Technology Financing Program provides low-interest financial loans to Idaho citizens with disabilites to purchase assistive technology for independent living, communication, employment, education, and recreation.
The Program has been in existence since 1994, thanks to a collaboration between the Idaho Assistive Technology Project, KeyBank and Zions Bank, and the Idaho Community Foundation and has loaned more than $3,850,000 to over 950 applicants. Over 30% of those loans were to people who would not otherwise qualify for a standard bank loan.
- Mininum loan: $500, Maximum loan: $10,000.
- Anyone who has a disability, or who is a family member or legal guardian of a person with a disability, and who is a resident of Idaho may apply for a loan.
- The loan funds must be used for the acquisition of assistive technology for the person with the disability.
- Interest rate: Prime rate (call for current rate).
- Zions Bank offers loans for up to a three year term (36 months).
KeyBank offers loans for up to 5 years (60 months).
Please consider the anticipated lifespan of the item being purchased. We do not recommend taking out a loan for longer than the item can be warrantied or is expected to last.
- No income eligibility threshold, other than the applicant must demonstrate an ability to repay the loan, and must be creditworthy. Disability related credit issues are taken into consideration.
- No loan origination fees.
- Zions Bank does not have any early repayment penalty.
KeyBank charges $125 if the loan is repaid in less than 18 months.
Wheelchairs; Motorized Scooter; Braille equipment; Voice simulation systems; Scanners; Assistive listening devices; Telecommunications devices for the Deaf; Augumentive communication systems; Environmental control systems; Prostheses; Computers and adaptive peripherals; Building modifications for accessibility; Recreation equipment; Vehicle modifications; etc.
Please download, complete and sign the application, and return it by fax or mail to the Idaho Assistive Technology Project for processing.
Print Form: Use this version for printing a blank form to be filled out by hand.
Print Assistive Technology (AT) Finance Program Loan ApplicationPDF
Computer Fillable Form: Complete by typing on your computer and then print and sign. Use Firefox or Chrome browser to complete the form.
Note: This form will calculate the budget totals for you.
Fillable Assistive Technology (AT) Finance Program Loan ApplicationFillable PDF
For questions or assistance contact:
Krista Kramer - email@example.com / 208-885-6097 / 1-800-432-8324
Idaho Assistive Technology Finance Program
Attention: Krista Kramer
1187 Alturas Drive
Moscow, ID 83843
Toll Free: 1-800-432-8324