College Days is a new summer program for the Idaho Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ICBVI) that focuses on students who plan to attend some type of post secondary schooling. It focuses on the unique issues that a blind or visually impaired transition student may encounter when preparing to attend a trade school, two year college, or university.
Some areas that are addressed:
- How to access the disability resource center at the school you’re attending
- Orientation and Mobility on campuses
- Taking advantage of your assistive technology for the college environment
- Accessing your books in a timely manner
- Tips from other successful past and present blind or visually impaired students
- Successful note taking.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this event is tentative for 2020, but may be held online.