Financial Literacy Course
Is This Course For You?
Do you live in Idaho?
Are you living with a disability?
If you said yes to both of these questions, then this course is for you!
It is about how YOU manage your money, instead of letting your money manage you.
Everyone needs financial skills to make smart decisions about money. As a person with a disability, there are some additional things you need to know to be sure you can get what you need to live independently. Our free Financial Literacy course will give you "Common Cents" for independence!
- Building a Partnership with Your Money is an important aspect of financial stability. In this section, you will learn about your spending decisions, your money personality, what things you value the most, and how to set a SMART goal.
- Building a Financial Success Plan is all about planning. In this section you will learn about each step needed to develop a financial success plan and the toolds to keep it on track.
- In the journey to Build Your Credit, not only do you need to understand the basics of your credit score, you need to understand how it is affected. In this section you will explore the basics of what a credit score is, reasons why having a good credit score is important, and tips for building a good score and avoiding mistakes that can harm your score.
- Don't be a victim of Identity Theft! In this section we are going to review: What identity theft is, how it happens, what identity thieves do with your information, how you can know when it happens, how you can protect yourself, and steps to take if you are a victim.
- Assistive Finance Program Resources are national and Idaho resources for financing assistive technology and assistive technology vendors.
- The Financial Literacy Workbook PDF is a supplement to this course as well as a guide to money management for people with disabilities.