The Idaho Assistive Technology Financing Program is a consumer-directed program funded by both private and public money that is designed to help Idahoans obtain and use the assistive technology they need to be successful in employment, education, recreation, and in the community. The Program has been in existence since 1994, thanks to the collaboration between the Idaho Assistive Technology Financing Program, Idaho banks, and the Idaho Community Foundation. They have come together to provide low-interest loans to Idaho citizens with disabilities to purchase assistive technology.
See the LOAN CALCULATOR
- Anyone who has a disability, or who is the parent or legal guardian of a person with a disability, and who is a resident of Idaho may apply for a loan.
- The loan funds must be used for the acquisition of assistive technology for the person with a disability.
- An applicant eligible for a loan must demonstrate an ability to repay the loan, must be creditworthy, and must meet the Program criteria.
- Low interest rate
- No income threshold
- Loan amounts will be from $500 to $10,000, or smaller amounts if approved by the participating lender.
- Vehicle loans are not covered under the present loan plan, but modifications to the vehicle for assistive purposes can be covered by the loan program. Vehicle loan amounts are based on KeyBank/Zions Bank traditional auto loan programs.
- Please Note - Zions Bank has a three (3) year limit on loans regardless of amount borrowed. KeyBank offers a three (3) or five (5) year limit on loans.
As of June 2006, the program reached the one million dollar mark in providing loans for assistive technology since 1994.
Wheelchairs; Motorized Scooter; Braille equipment; Voice simulation systems; Scanners; Assistive listening devices; Telecommunications devices for the deaf; Augumentive communication systems; Environmental control units; Computers and adaptive peripherals; Building modifications for accessibility; Vehicle modification; Prosthesis
Apply for a Loan
For questions or assistance contact:
Krista Kramer - firstname.lastname@example.org / 208-885-6097 / 1-800-432-8324
Idaho Assistive Technology Finance Program
Attention: Krista Kramer
1187 Alturas Drive
Moscow, ID 83843
Toll Free: 1-800-432-8324